So there's this one person in your life... okay, maybe three. The three people that you could never bring yourself to cut off because... excuses. Relax your jaw - your solution has arrived.
☑ Define a toxic person. What does it mean to be toxic?
☑ Pick one person you consider letting go of.
☑ Define "why" you want to cut that person off.
Ask yourself these questions:
1. Do they bring positivity to my life?
2. Do the positive experiences overshadow the negative?
3. Am I ever genuinely interested in spending time with them?
4. Am I dependent on them?
5. Do I have to be dependent on them?
☑ Decide to what extent you will cut that person off. Use your answers from the previous point.
The first three answers are the most important – face them with full honesty.
☑ Decide whether you want to confront them personally or "ghost" them.
I don't mean that you have to fly out to your friend from abroad in order to cut them off. If possible, I suggest meeting that person in real life because that just shows respect. If not, email or IM them online. Some people just deserve that (those that haven't been awful to you)
"Ghosting" is not the way to go unless it's an extreme case - such as being stalked or just not being able to bring yourself to confront that person. It's not very respectful and it leaves the receiver in the twilight zone.
☑ If you're going to confront them, prepare your arguments.
Have an outline of what you want to say. You don't have to say a lot but it's good to have backup just in case.
☑ Stay calm and proceed.
☑ Give yourself a moment or two to cool off (even if you're sure that you're calm).
Take some time to yourself.
Bucket List for 2017
(Props to Yes and Yes for inspiring this list)
1. Watch two classic horror films
2. Take an acting class
3. Make a legit short film
4. Play League of Legends
5. Try snowboarding
6. Go to a music festival
7. Make a Harry Potter inspired cake
8. Visit London, Paris and Lisbon one after another
9. Take adult ballet class
10. Shave my head
11. Dye my hair blue or purple
12. Have a conversation with someone I wouldn't normally talk to
13. Finish my Joker and Harley project
12. Completely Quit artificial sweeteners
13. But not before I bake tiramisu
14. And orange lava cake
15. Perform an entire song on a bus
16. Meet a snake
17. Completely change my dressing style for a week
18. Change my instagram theme to B&W for a week
19. Publish an Ebook
20. Give up caring about what other people think for a day and see how that feels.