10 things you can do today to boost your happiness level whether you love being single or hate it.
First of all, neither I or anyone else doesn't define you. You can be single and "do it" with random or not so random humans, you can be single and be a virgin, you can be whoever you want to be.
Secondly, no I do not assume that if you're single you're automatically sad and lonely.
I hope you're happy and surrounded with like-minded people.
Without further ado, I present to you steps you can take to fully experience being single (though most of those could also apply to couples, so don't be shy).
1. Step outside your comfort zone. Literally. Move your butt out of your house.
It doesn't matter where you're going as long as you make it your point to be mindful of that moment. Look around, inhale the atmosphere.
2. Make eye contact with other human beings.
Smile at them, though try to not be creepy, and if you feel like it walk over to have a small chat. Now I know that it's awkward and kind of... unusual and weird and what am I doing talking to some stranger? I promise you that you will probably feel uncomfortable, unless you're some kind of God of Confidence, but after the tenth time you'll feel so positive and good about yourself you might actually come close to that God-like confidence (no promises but hey, you can try).
3. Buy flowers and hand them around.
You can pick daisies if you don't want to spend money.
To be selfish is to help others for it will make you feel good about yourself. It's a win win situation!
4. Buy that one thing you always wanted to buy.
For me it's a donut pillow. Sure, being in a relationship doesn't prevent you from buying the stuff you want, but that judgement... Then again, try not to focus too much on the relationship part of being single. It'll make you overcompensate.
5. If you happen to overcompensate, try to spread it around.
Don't just buy a shit ton of throw pillows - take that money and get yourself some useful stuff in various departments. That way you get to feel the joy of buying and you don't feel bad about wasting money on useless stuff. Do you have to buy a new sweeping broom or a screwdriver? Try to find something exciting about them (hint: Etsy and Amazon).
6. Leave the town with little notice.
Explore the outskirts or travel to a different city just by yourself without rhyme or reason. While you're on it, listen to these road trip tunes.
7. Have a date with yourself or just a friend. No romance what so ever.
8. Go to the movies, request a ticket and when they ask how many, embrace the nearest human being & say that you want two and that it's your first date/anniversary.
If they go along with it pay for both tickets - don't be a Scrooge - if they don't, laugh it off and move forward.
9. Use "Adult Films" without guilt.
What you like and what you do with it is your business, but don't feel forced to just because someone (me included) said so.
10. Do something you have always wanted to do whether that would be hiking or simply ordering takeout from multiple places just because you couldn't decide.
Check out HEY KENDRA for incredible challenges that will help you break through your comfort zone.
Hi, I believe that there is no one today who is you-er than you.
Bucket List for 2017
(Props to Yes and Yes for inspiring this list)
1. Watch two classic horror films
2. Take an acting class
3. Make a legit short film
4. Play League of Legends
5. Try snowboarding
6. Go to a music festival
7. Make a Harry Potter inspired cake
8. Visit London, Paris and Lisbon one after another
9. Take adult ballet class
10. Shave my head
11. Dye my hair blue or purple
12. Have a conversation with someone I wouldn't normally talk to
13. Finish my Joker and Harley project
12. Completely Quit artificial sweeteners
13. But not before I bake tiramisu
14. And orange lava cake
15. Perform an entire song on a bus
16. Meet a snake
17. Completely change my dressing style for a week
18. Change my instagram theme to B&W for a week
19. Publish an Ebook
20. Give up caring about what other people think for a day and see how that feels.